Our finished Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click on the image below to view our finished website

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Evaluation Question 4: How did you use new media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?

We used a range of different technologies throughout pre-production, construction and the evaluation. These consisted of both new and old technologies. We have really benefited from using new media technologies and I have learn a lot in the process of using them.

Below is a mind map I have created summarising all of the technology we used throughout the entire project, broken down into each stage. Please press play to view the mind map or use the zoom slider in the bottom left corner and your mouse to navigate it. 
Research and Planning
I have created a Padlet to talk about the technologies used in the research and planning stages in more detail. Below I have mentioned what each technology was used for and its Pros and Cons. 
Made with Padlet
Whilst planning we also used old technologies in order to create our timeline and storyboard. Both of these were essential in our planning and construction stages which goes to show that sometimes old technologies are just as effective as the new ones.  

Construction
Below is a Prezi I created to break down the technologies we used during the construction stage and their Pros and Cons. This includes both production and post-production. I also mentioned the health and safety rules we had to consider whilst filming. 
Evaluation
I used a wide range of technology when completing my evaluation. Below is an Emaze summarising each of the technologies I used and their Pros and Cons. Please press the double-headed arrow in the bottom right to make the Emaze full screen.
My Learning Curve
Throughout the project I developed my skills in editing and filming as I had used the camera equipment and editing software before. I also learnt how to use new technology such as the Leapfrog lighting desk, sound desk and also online platforms such as Wix, GoConqr and Padlet. In addition to this we have really benefited from having our media technician Sam on hand at all times as we got a much more personal and practical experience when learning about the new equipment. 

Ultimately, I have learnt a lot about the process of making a music video and the time and effort that goes into it. Technology plays a large part in the process and we are very lucky to have access to such a vast range of technologies - both old and new. The proliferation of Web 2.0 has also been beneficial not only when we were creating our media products but because it allowed for easy communication between our group, helping us to create an effective music video, album cover and website.

No comments:

Post a Comment