Our finished Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click on the image below to view our finished website

Sunday 15 October 2017

R+P Post 5: The kind of video I would like to make

The video I would like to make would be very stylised and would have a very strong colour scheme and lighting choices. For example, I would like to have either a monochromatic colour scheme or really unsaturated video with a blue/grey tint. Below I have gathered screenshots of music videos with the grading that I would like to have.
These screenshots are from a variety of genres including electronic/house, pop, R&B and alternative/indie songs. Therefore this grading style could be possible for any genre we end up choosing. Also I feel that the colours help to reflect the meaning behind the song.

Another aspect I would like to have is bold lighting choices, such as strobe lighting, glares and back lighting (to create silhouettes). Below are some gifs to help illustrate my ideas. 





I would like my video to have a narrative that audiences can connect with and that moves them. Below are a few of the videos that contain narrative which I find to be emotionally touching and they make me feel something when I watch them.
Overall, I would like to make a video that conveys the meaning and emotion behind the music and the lyrics as to me that is the most important aspect of a song. I would like to do this through the use of grading, lighting and narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment