Our finished Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click on the image below to view our finished website

Tuesday 31 October 2017

R+P Post 33: Reflections on my role and contribution during Research and Planning

I feel that all three of us contributed well to the research and planning of our project and we each played to our strengths.  Below I have summarised my personal contribution.

Storyboarding
As I enjoy art, we felt that I’d be good at drawing out the shots for our storyboard. In order to be as organised as possible I made sure to write down in a checklist all of our key shots before drawing them to ensure that I didn’t forget any. I also made sure to organise our narrative shots in order so that we could see if it made sense.
Drawing our storyboard shots
Drawing the promo shots and flat plans for the website and digipak cover
In addition to storyboarding, I also drew and annotated our promo shots and flat plans so that we had a clear visual reference for when it comes to making them.

Drawing the digipak flat plan
Drawing the website flat plan

Filming and directing sections of the shoot
As I am performing the least in our video, most of the directing and some of the filming will be my responsibility. During our test shoot I filmed some of Laith’s lip-sync scenes such as the flicker lighting and also the scenes with both Sian and Laith. I also acted as a performance director when Sian was filming the hand held scenes in order to help Laith act and convey emotion.
Filming one of Laith's lip syncs
Performing in the video
My performance in the video was dancing. Myself and Sian had a blue lighting set-up which made us appear as silhouettes. As we both have a dance background these roles were very well suited to us and it meant we could perform to a high standard.
Filming one of my dance sections
Helping to teach choreography and organising rehearsals
Alongside Sian, I helped to teach the group of boys the choreography that we decided on as well as organising the rehearsals and ensuring the boys knew when and where they were being held. 

No comments:

Post a Comment