Our finished Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click on the image below to view our finished website

Thursday 12 October 2017

R+P Post 3: Music genres that interest me

The genres of music that appeal to me the most are Pop (e.g Ed Sheeran, Kelly Clarkson), Rock (e.g All Time Low, Fall Out Boy) and Hip Hop (e.g Eminem, Logic, Ludacris). Each of these genres have a really distinct sound and style to them. For example, hip hop is usually characterised by rapping and a very strong rhythmic element. Hip hop songs are typically quite fast paced and upbeat which is good for breakdancing - a feature also associated with hip hop.  Pop music is quite varied. It is more mainstream and tends to be the genre of music featured on the charts. Additionally it's commonly combined with other genres to create sub-genres such as pop rock or pop folk.

Below are some mood boards and bullet points to show the stylistic elements from each of the genres I like. 

Pop
  • Bright colours
  • High key lighting
  • Bold costumes/clothing and props
  • Partying, music and drinking
  • Most songs about love/relationships
Rock
  • Darker, grungier colours
  • Live performance
  • Big focus on instruments and playing them in videos
  • Casual, every day clothing
Hip Hop
  • Quite unsaturated, low key lighting
  • Idea of gangs and brotherhood
  • Urban streets, estates, underground car parks, clubs
  • Big flashy jewellery
  • Hoodies, hats/caps, sunglasses
I believe that these we would be able to use these genres for our project as they are widely recognised  and well-liked genres. Additionally I feel like a dancing element could be included in these genres which appeals to me as I like dancing so it would be nice to include it in our video in some way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment