Our finished Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click on the image below to view our finished website

Thursday 13 July 2017

Evaluation Q3: Are you pleased with the footage and your finished edit? Is it how you expected it to look? What works really well and what would you change?

Below is our finished edit.

I am really pleased with our final video. The quality of the footage we got is really good which helped to create a successful music video remake. I wasn't expecting it to look as professional as it does and I wasn't expecting us to match the actions and lip-sync as well as we have done.

I think what went well was:

  • The overall grading of our shots, especially the close-ups of Sian and Jack (who played Noah, the bassist). 
  • The accurate lip-sync matching (as seen in the first gif of Sian)
  • That nearly all of our cuts match the original (as shown by the second gif of Jack and Sian)
Good grading match


The main thing I would change would be the lighting as it is quite different to the original. For example in some of the cool kids close ups their faces are lit from the other side. Below is an example.
Opposite lighting for cool kids shots
Also the lighting meant that there were no shadows on the bands in some shots and also that our version is a lot brighter than the original.
Lighting difference between our band shots and original
Some shots were really hard to recreate such as the break-dancing at the end so we filmed alternatives instead so we had a variety of footage to choose from. This can be seen in the gif below where Jack does something different to the original move.
Finally what I would change in the edit would be a small shot in which we covered a quick insert shot which can be seen below.
Overall I feel that our remake was very successful and I am extremely pleased with our edit and all of the footage we took. 

No comments:

Post a Comment