Our finished Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click on the image below to view our finished website

Thursday 13 July 2017

Evaluation Q1: Did you enjoy the main workshop shoot day? What roles did you take? What were your best bits and why?

I had a really good time on the main workshop shoot day and I learnt lots of new things. The shoot itself was very successful as we didn't have to redo numerous takes. The atmosphere on the day was really positive and everyone involved was very energetic and supportive making the whole experience a lot more enjoyable. 

Below is a time lapse video from the day showing the set and the different lighting set ups used on the day.
On the day I had a few roles which ranged from performing in front of the camera to helping behind the scenes. My performance role was as Flower Dress Sydney. I had a few lines to lip-sync but most of my scenes consisted of acting and portraying a character. I didn't have much experience performing or acting so it was a slight challenge but after our rehearsals and as the day went on I became a lot more comfortable performing in front of a camera and have definitely improved my performance skills. Additionally I got to take part in a lot of fun shots that included fake snow and powder paint. 

Below are some screenshots of my scenes in the video.
A few of my shots in the video
Behind the scenes I got the opportunity to work alongside the crew and experience what it would be like on to work on a set. I got to use the clapperboard for some of the shots which I enjoyed. We also got shown the lighting set up at the top of the studio and our technician Emma explained how the set ups worked and how they could be changed in case one of us had to change the lighting set up for a shot. 
Me using the clapperboard
I also helped our performance directer Jasmine work along side Sian (who played the band Sydney) so that we could help each other when acting as Syndey. When Sian performed I stood behind the camera in order to help her feel more comfortable. This benefited both of us as we performed better when we sang with each other as it was much easier to let go and have fun.
Practicing movements/dancing with Jasmine and Sian
  The best bits of the day included:
  • Participating with my friends as we had a lot of fun together and it made the day a lot more enjoyable
  • Learning new skills and getting the opportunity to work with the crew
  • Getting my hair and make up done by the professional make up artists
Me getting my hair and make-up done
Working with friends

No comments:

Post a Comment