Our finished Music Video

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Outside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

My Inside Digipak Panels

Please click on the image below to view our finished website

Saturday 4 March 2017

Construction Post 29: My technical learning curve (production and post-production)

Over this project I have learnt so much technically in both production and post-production. At the start I had very little experience with the camera kit and the editing software. The only times I had used them were in lessons and for the preliminary task. This project gave me more time to become familiar with the equipment and by the last shoot I was feeling confident with all of the kit. The newest piece of equipment was the lighting kit. The first time setting up the kit was a fun experience because it was new to all of us and we gradually became more comfortable moving, setting up and packing away all the lights.
Using the camera and framing a shot
During post-production I learnt how to use new tools on Adobe Premiere Pro that we didn't use during the preliminary task and have added to my existing knowledge. For example I learnt how to adjust key frames on the audio tracks in order to change the sound levels at certain parts in the soundtrack. Another audio tool I learnt to use was the constant gain function. This was placed between two bits of audio to make the sound transition between the two shots smoother and continuous. This prevents jumpy sound levels. I also learnt how to grade shots by changing the video effects and changing the levels and adjusting the three way colour corrector. By the end of the two weeks I have become more confident in using Adobe Premiere Pro.
Me adding a constant gain in two parts of the soundtrack

Adjusting keyframes with a close up of the keyframes 
Creating titles on LiveType was fairly new to me and I would consider myself quite inexperienced. I am also new at using MacBooks. We had used LiveType once before in a lesson. It was fairly simple to use and easy to pick up. Below are some videos of me making a title and adding an effect to it. I feel that I have learnt a lot technically during the post-production stage and have found it really interesting and enjoyable to use both Adobe Premiere Pro and LiveType.


No comments:

Post a Comment